The Kansas City Star
• Key play: D.J. Johnson disrupted two shots on the Jayhawks final possession, preventing Perry Ellis and Brannen Greene from scoring, and kept it tied at 29-29.
• Key stat: K-State made 50 percent of its three-pointers.
• Key play: Johnson hit a layup off a pick-and-roll play and put K-State ahead 66-57.
• Key stat: Kansas made just one of six three-pointers.
Officials remind fans
Two days after Oklahoma State guard Marcus Smart shoved a Texas Tech fan for shouting some unsettling words at him late in a game at United Spirit Arena, Kansas State reminded its fans to stay respectful of opposing players.
School officials placed a note on the seats of season-ticket holders thanking them for their support and reminding them of NCAA rules for fan conduct.
The note read in part: As a reminder, NCAA Rule 10-2.8 states that, When the misconduct of a follower(s) is extreme or excessive, such behavior may be penalized by the official requesting home/contest management to eject from the premises the team follower(s) involved in the misbehavior.
• The crowd gave standing ovations to people other than K-State basketball players on Monday. Former forward Jordan Henriquez, former high-jumper Erik Kynard and the K-State baseball team were all honored during timeouts.
| Kellis Robinett, The Star