Breaking News

One injured in KCK house fire

Updated: 2014-02-06T03:44:36Z

One person was taken to a hospital for possible smoke inhalation from a house fire Wednesday night in Kansas City, Kan.

Fire crews were called to 3232 Pomeroy Drive at 8:18 p.m. and found a heavy fire in the kitchen. A male and a female resident were uninjured but a second female resident was taken to a hospital. Two cats and a ferret were killed. The estimated loss to property and contents was $65,000.

| Matt Campbell, mcampbell@kcstar.com

Deal Saver Subscribe today!

Comments

The Kansas City Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

The Kansas City Star uses Facebook's commenting system. You need to log in with a Facebook account in order to comment. If you have questions about commenting with your Facebook account, click here