What is it with these dogs gone wild lately? Thursday morning Olathe firefighters put out a kitchen fire that they think might have been started by the family dog making that the second dog that we know of raising a ruckus lately in the kitchen.
By LISA GUTIERREZ
The Kansas City Star
Authorities said that smoke alarms alerted neighbors in an adjoining townhome that something was wrong in their central Olathe neighborhood.
When firefighters got there they found lots of smoke and a fire in the kitchen on the stovetop.
No one was home at the time, except, apparently, the dog. Damage was minimal.
One fire investigator suggested that the family dog accidentally turned on a burner on the stove while trying to get at some leftovers.
Bad dog! Bad dog!
Which got us thinking about another capricious canine whose food-stealing antics recently went viral.
Lucy the beagle made fans all over the Internet a few days ago when her owner posted a video of her stealing chicken nuggets from a toaster oven on the kitchen counter.
Owner Rob Scheinerman told E! News that a few weeks before he shot the video Lucy had taken a roast right out of the hot oven.
"So I set her up. I put some nuggets in the oven pressed record and left, he said.
Watch below how resourceful, problem-solving little Lucy managed to free those poor nuggets from that nasty hot oven.
The videos been watched more than 4.4 million times on YouTube.
Good girl! Good girl!