The Star’s All-Metro boys cross country team:
• Alex Finestead, Olathe North, senior. Consistently among the top finishers, Finestead led the Eagles to a third-place finish at the Kansas Class 6A state meet with a fourth place time of 16 minutes, 9 seconds.
• Sam Guinn, Blue Valley Northwest, senior. Guinn capped off his senior season with a third-place finish at the Kansas Class 6A state meet, where he finished in 15 minutes, 57 seconds.
• Ty Hughes, Liberty North, senior. Hughes finished his high-school career with a fifth-place finish at the Missouri Class 3 state meet in 16 minutes, 14.53 seconds. It was his second straight season with a top-10 finish.
• Stuart McNutt, Blue Valley West, junior. McNutt finished his junior season strong with a state championship medal at the Kansas Class 6A state meet with a run of 15 minutes, 33 seconds. He edged the second-place finisher by nearly 23 seconds.
• Stephen Mugeche, Blue Springs, junior. Although it equaled only a second-place medal, he recorded the third-best time in Missouri state history when he crossed the finish line in 15 minutes, 34.43 seconds at the Class 4 state meet.
• Cole Rockhold, Truman, senior. At the Missouri Class 4 state meet, Rockhold was the second fastest Kansas City area finisher with a time of 15 minutes, 47 seconds. The mark was good for fifth place.
• William Thompson, Rockhurst, junior. Consistently among the lead pack all year, Thompson ended his season with a seventh-place finish at the Missouri Class 4 state meet with a time of 16 minutes, 3 seconds.
NOTE: Beginning with the 2013-14 high school sports season, The Star will only be selecting an All-Metro first team in boys cross country.