• WHEN/WHERE: 7 p.m. Saturday at PNC Arena, Raleigh, N.C.
• TV/RADIO: ESPN2; KMBZ (980 AM, 98.1 FM)
• ABOUT MISSOURI (10-1) : Missouri has played four neutral-site games, but Saturday represents the first true road game of the season for the Tigers. Its also a return to coach Frank Haiths roots. He was born in Burlington, N.C., which is less than 60 miles from Raleigh, and played basketball at nearby Elon University. Haith also spent time on the coaching staffs at Wake Forest and UNC-Wilmington. In fact, Haiths entire staff associate head coach Tim Fuller (N.C. A&T, Elon, Wake Forest), Dave Leitao (Virginia) and Mark Phelps (N.C. State) has ties to the ACC. Junior Jordan Clarkson is coming off a 25-point, eight-assist, six-rebound performance in Missouris first loss, a 65-64 nail biter against Illinois in the Braggin Rights game.
• ABOUT N.C. STATE (9-2): The Wolfpack has won seven consecutive games since a stunning loss Nov. 20 to North Carolina Central. That streak includes a 65-58 win Dec. 18 at Tennessee and a 69-48 victory against Northwestern, a team Missouri beat 78-67 in Las Vegas. N.C. State boasts the ACCs leading scorer in 6-foot-8 sophomore forward T.J. Warren, who is coming off a career-high 32 points in a win against East Carolina. He also scored 30 points against Florida Gulf Coast and Eastern Kentucky. Hell be a tough matchup inside for the Tigers, who are more perimeter-oriented. The Wolfpack is 8-1 at home.
• BOTTOM LINE: Missouri will have a tough time matching up with Warren and company inside, especially now that 7-foot-1 center Jordan Vandenberg is entrenched in the paint. North Carolina State hasnt lost since he returned from an ankle injury. With the Tigers trio of outstanding starting guards, the Wolfpack will have a tough time matching up, too. Clarkson leads the Southeastern Conference in scoring at 19.9 points per game and junior sharpshooter Jabari Brown ranks seventh (18.2). Senior Earnest Ross checks in tied for 15th in the SEC at 14.1 points per game.
|F||3||Johnathan Williams III||6-9||Fr.||6.5|
|P||No.||North Carolina State||Ht.||Yr.||PPG|
| Tod Palmer, firstname.lastname@example.org