PARK HILLS, Mo. — An eastern Missouri man is hospitalized with significant burns after a fire that authorities suspect was sparked by a methamphetamine lab.
The Daily Journal newspaper in Park Hills, Mo. reports that the man was flown to a St. Louis-area hospital with serious burns to his hands and lower body. He is in critical condition. His name has not been released.
Firefighters were called to a home near Park Hills Tuesday afternoon and arrived to find the building engulfed in flames. The newspaper says the burn victim was crawling out of the home when bystanders carried him to safety.
Witnesses heard what sounded like an explosion and reportedly told authorities that the man was making meth at the time. An investigation continues.
The Associated Press