Missouri quarterback Maty Mauk was chosen to the Southeastern Conference all-freshman team announced Thursday.
The Kansas City Star
Mauk, who redshirted in 2012, completed 66 of 129 passes for 1,039 yards with 10 touchdowns and two interceptions this season, including four starts in place of injured starter James Franklin. Missouri went 3-1 in Mauk’s starts as it won the SEC East and finished the regular season 11-2.
The Tigers face Oklahoma State in the Cotton Bowl on Jan. 3.
Mississippi wide receiver Laquon Treadwell was chosen as the SEC’s freshman of the year.
SEC all-freshman team
• Tight end: Hunter Henry, Arkansas
• Offensive line: Laremy Tunsil, Mississippi; Andrew Jelks, Vanderbilt; Alex Kozan, Auburn; Denver Kirkland, Arkansas
• Center: Jon Toth, Kentucky
• Receivers: Laquon Treadwell, Mississsippi; Marques North, Tennessee
• Quarterback: Maty Mauk, Missouri
• Running backs: Alex Collins, Arkansas; Kelvin Taylor, Florida
• All-purpose: Pharoh Cooper, South Carolina
• Defensive line: Chris Jones, Mississippi State; A’Shawn Robinson, Alabama; Robert Nkemdiche, Mississippi; Darius Philon, Arkansas
• Linebackers: Darian Claiborne, Texas A&M; Leonard Floyd, Georgia; Skai Moore, South Carolina
• Defensive backs: Vernon Hargreaves, Florida; Tony Conner, Mississippi; Tre’Davious White, LSU; Cameron Sutton, Tennessee
• Kicker: Elliott Fry, South Carolina
• Punter: Johnny Townsend, Florida
• Returner: Pharoh Cooper, South Carolina