Overland Park & Leawood

Food on stove ignites apartment fire in Overland Park

Updated: 2013-12-07T02:35:27Z

Overland Park fire officials believe that food left unattended on a stove sparked a Friday afternoon apartment fire.

No one was injured in the fire at the Village View Apartments in the 7800 block of Carter Street, but the residents of nine units were displaced because of damage to the building’s roof.

The apartment manager is working to relocate those people, who are also being helped by the American Red Cross.

The fire department said that smoke alarms helped warn residents who got out of the building before firefighters arrived.

| Tony Rizzo, trizzo@kcstar.com

Deal Saver Subscribe today!

Comments

The Kansas City Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

The Kansas City Star uses Facebook's commenting system. You need to log in with a Facebook account in order to comment. If you have questions about commenting with your Facebook account, click here