Jeff Harshbarger, host of the Wednesday edition of “Jazz Afternoon” on KKFI, 90.1 FM and one of Kansas City’s favorite musicians, has come up with a list of songs with a vintage vibe for your Thanksgiving listening.
“These are classic tracks that remind me of my favorite things about holidays — friends, family, food and home. Enjoy!” he said.
Use them as a jumping off point for choosing other festive options or plug them into Pandora Internet Radio to create an all-day soundtrack.
• “The Frim Fram Sauce” by Nat King Cole
• “Carvin’ the Bird” by Charlie Parker
• “Autumn in New York” by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
• “You’d Be So Nice to Come Home To” by Paul Chambers
• “Too Young to Go Steady” by John Coltrane
• “The Touch of Your Lips” by Oscar Peterson and Ben Webster