Kansas City police will employ enhanced security measures for a demonstration that a white-supremacist group has planned for Saturday at the downtown Jackson County Courthouse.
Specific entry points will be designated for people attending the demonstration. Anyone entering the demonstration area will be screened for weapons and other items.
Prohibited items include:
• Knives and any type of firearm, regardless of permit.
• Backpacks or any other type of bag or purse.
• Baby carriages, strollers or car seats.
• Wagons or carts.
• Poles, wooden sticks and the like, whether they are attached to flags or signs or not.
• Personal defense sprays (OC, CS and the like) or any aerosol spray can.
• Liquid containers, including water bottles.
• Padlocks, chains, cable, rope and anything else that police deem a potential weapon.
• Balls, rocks or any other items that could be used as projectiles.
• Portable heaters.
In addition, anyone using a portable bullhorn, speaker or annunciation device must have a city permit thats specific for the demonstration.
Authorities will dispose of any property left unattended.
| The Star