• WHEN/ WHERE: 8 p.m. Friday at Bramlage Coliseum in Manhattan, Kan.
• TV/RADI O: Fox Sports Kansas City; WHB (810 AM)
• ABOUT NORTHERN COLORADO (0-0): The Bears return the bulk of a team that won 13 games a season ago. Its starting lineup is filled entirely of juniors and seniors. Northern Colorado reached the NCAA Tournament in coach B.J. Hills first year, but has struggled to compete in his past two. It returns 76 percent of its scoring and 83 percent of its rebounding from last years team.
• ABOUT KANSAS STATE (0-0): The Wildcats enter the season in better health than they did for last weeks exhibition game, but guard Omari Lawrence injured his ankle on Wednesday and may be a game-time decision. It is also uncertain whether Thomas Gipson, a returning starter, will suit up. He did not attend the exhibition game, and Bruce Weber has described his status as day-to-day. He has practiced all week, but Weber hasnt said if he will be able to play.
• BOTTOM LINE: Foster, Wesley Iwundu and Nigel Johnson hope to continue the strong play they showed in the exhibition game. Southwell and Spradling, who were both quiet, are looking to do more.
| Kellis Robinett, email@example.com