The morning commute turned sloppy Tuesday as rains moved through the area contributing to numerous crashes.
Crashes were peppered across the Kansas City roads, causing major delays for drivers.
Some of the troubled areas, according to Kansas City Scout, included:
• Southbound Interstate 49 near Missouri 291.
• Southbound Interstate 49 ramp to Blue Ridge Boulevard.
• Westbound Interstate 670 near Central Avenue.
• Southbound Interstate 35 near Old 56 Highway.
• Southbound Interstate 35 near Interstate 635.
• Eastbound Interstate 670 at Interstate 70.
• Eastbound Interstate 435 at Missouri 210.
• Southbound Interstate near Antioch Road.
• Westbound Interstate 470 near Raytown Road.
• Northbound U.S. 69 near 119th Street.
This is the first of three rounds of rain that are expected to move across the Kansas City area this week.
The National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill, Mo., reported on its Twitter account that rain totals through 7 a.m. were nearly 7/10 of an inch at Kansas City International Airport, 9/10 of an inch at Olathe, 1.26 inches east of Lee’s Summit; 1.04 inches at Pleasant Hill and 1.05 inches at Bonner Springs.
Robert A. Cronkleton, email@example.com