It’s been a week since the Fall Parade of Homes ended, but the buzz over the best new homes still open for touring is stronger than ever. While there are lots of good neighborhoods to view, one Overland Park community is making its mark as a must-see destination: Rodrock Homes’ Summerwood.
Why should you put Summerwood on your short list? Here’s what new home shoppers and Summerwood homeowners are saying you’ll find:
• Longest model row. If you want to see the largest number of cutting-edge model homes in the shortest period of time, Summerwood is your best bet. Located just off 161st Street and Quivira Road, the community features one of the longest continuous model rows in the area.
Built by Rodrock Homes, the four new models feature the latest in luxury, convenience and architectural detail, with each located conveniently next door to the other.
• Most innovative interiors. Rodrock Homes’ models also showcase the latest in something else: interior design.
Cutting-edge materials like birch-bark and grass cloth wall coverings, gray-stained hickory floors, honed limestone and marble countertops, and even a light-up Onyx sink have design devotees buzzing, while the newest colors of navy, peacock and malachite green accents leave “Johnson County beige” in the dust.
Ranging in styles from Aspen Chic to Hollywood Glam, the homes offer inspiration for every taste.
• Sought-after floor plans. Summerwood’s open floor plans and latest luxuries are inspiring homebuyers, too. Rodrock Homes’ Hepton and Chesapeake homes feature main-floor second kitchens, where an additional full-size refrigerator and oven make entertaining extra easy.
Many homes include upstairs laundries with master-closet access and master suites with dual-head European-style showers.
Summerwood homeowners David and Sara Tanner recently moved into their Rodrock Homes’ Larsen II. “The entire first floor is so open, and we love the luxurious master-suite.”
To see all floor plans, visit rodrockhomes.com.
• Architectural extras. Just like the models on tour, the Tanners’ new home also features special touches like wood beam ceilings, molded archways and custom millwork.
“The attention to detail is unmatched,” Sara said. “The trims that come standard with these homes surpass what we could find anywhere else.”
• Extra large home sites. Also a rarity is Summerwood’s expanded home sites, which include even larger sites in the community’s exclusive Summerwood Estates enclave.
Until they found Summerwood, homeowners Anil and Saritha Sadhwani had been unable to find a nearby site to fit a spacious home with a side garage. Now the couple has plenty of space — even in closets.
“I love my master closet. I could put a couch and television in there and still have room for my clothes,” joked Anil.
• Plenty of green. Nature and landscaping loom equally large within the community.
“We like that our home backs up to a lot of trees and nature,” said Sara, who’s glad that Summerwood’s developer, Rodrock Homes, is dedicated to keeping it that way. “Forty pecent of the neighborhood will always be green space.”
• Resort-style amenities. Surrounded by that green space sits another Summerwood extra: brand new amenities. A state-of-the-art clubhouse with a kitchen, pool, cabanas and a looped nature trail, makes socializing and exercise equally enjoyable for homeowners.
• Blue Valley schools. With inventories at an all-time low, large and luxurious home sites are dwindling — especially in the award-winning Blue Valley School District. Many homeowners say Summerwood’s top Blue Valley elementary, middle and high schools made their buying decision easy.
“We’ve moved around a lot, so my kids have gone to many different schools, both public and private,” said Susan Barger, who with husband Van purchased Rodrock Homes’ St. Maarten II in Summerwood. “Blue Valley Southwest High School is fabulous.”
• Easy-build process. Summerwood’s happy homeowners offer proof that building a new home doesn’t have to be difficult.
“We’ve purchased new construction six times in different parts of the country,” Susan explained. “Rodrock Homes without a doubt has given us our best builder experience.”
The Sadhwanis agree. “They took great care of us,” said Anil, who met with Rodrock Homes’ Chief Operating Office Jeff Gifford early in their home selection process. “He was awesome to work with and helped customize our home the way we wanted it.”
The Tanners experienced the same responsiveness. “Our project manager would give us updates without us having to ask for them, and respond to our e-mails within 20 minutes,” added Sara.
• Personalized service. Even post move-in, homeowners said Rodrock Homes’ personalized service continues.
“Angela and Michelle remember our first names, where we live and what we do,” said Anil about Summerwood Community Managers Angela Fitzgerald and Michelle Capek, who will be greeting visitors at Summerwood’s model row today.
• Models open daily. Finally, even if you miss touring Summerwood’s models today, don’t despair: they’re open daily.