- the Chiefs came after Eli Manning early, late, and hard.
By SAM MELLINGER
The Kansas City Star
- there was a bit of an old-school feel here. Dominant defense, loud crowd.
- no team has to sweat through an injury to the punter like the Chiefs.
- Jamaal Charles still hasnt had that Jamaal F. Charles moment people have come to expect.
- the offensive line, for the most part, did pretty well protecting Alex Smith who was VERY good.
- it very well may not be fair, but I make a direct connection between Brandon Flowers being inactive and Victor Cruzs 69-yard touchdown catch on Dunta Robinson.
- Justin Houston and Dontari Poe have been so good its overshadowed the fact that Derrick Johnson is at the height of his powers. Wicked combination of speed, strength and brains.
- Ive mentioned on the film breakdowns here that Smith has tended to have one high-risk throw per game that couldve (shouldve?) been intercepted. That throw was finally intercepted by Prince Amukamara, who jumped a route and had front position on Bowe the entire time. To be fair, Bowe ran a bad route, and it was a very quick decision for Smith. At least on first look, it appears the pick is on both Bowe and Smith.
- Dexter McClusters punt return had a lot of Dante Hall in it, right?
- the Chiefs offense is hard to figure. Theyve had a lot of struggles, but this is the third straight game theyve done the whole foot-on-the-throat thing in the fourth quarter.
- guys, the Chiefs may very well be favored in every game until Nov. 17 at Denver. I suppose theres a chance theyre a slight underdog at home against the Texans, but I wouldnt expect that.