Absentee voting begins today for the Jackson County sales tax measure. Voters can cast ballots at the Independence office of the county election board or the Union Station office of the Kansas City election board.
By DAVE HELLING
Mail-in ballots are also accepted. Contact the relevant election board for more info.
Remember, Missouri does not have advance voting. You need an excuse to vote absentee, and here they are:
1) Will be absent from their voting jurisdiction on Election Day
2) Are incapacitated or confined due to illness or physical disability, or caring for an incapacitated person
3) Are restricted by religious belief or practice
4) Are employed by an election authority
5) Are incarcerated, but have retained all voting qualifications.
Absentee votes can be cast during regular business hours, Monday through Friday.
The Jackson County board will take absentees the last three Saturday mornings before the Nov. 5 election, while the Kansas City board will take absentees the morning of Nov. 2.