The Turner Diagonal ramp bridge to eastbound Interstate 70 will close starting today for repairs.
The bridge will close at 9 a.m. Thursday and stay closed for about 35 days so crews can fix damage caused when a dump truck ran into it on Aug. 17.
Also, there will be overnight lane closures on Interstate 70 later this week so damaged parts of the bridge can be removed.
Drivers should expect the following closures:
• At 6 p.m. Thursday, the right lane of westbound I-70 and the left lane of eastbound lane of I-70 at the Turner Diagonal will close.
• At 7 p.m. Thursday, the two right lanes of westbound lanes I-70 at the Turner Diagonal will close, as will the two left lanes of westbound I-70 at 57th Street.
• At 8 p.m., all lanes of westbound I-70 will close at the Turner Diagonal.
The lanes are scheduled to reopen by 6 a.m. Friday.
• At 7 p.m. Friday, the left lane of eastbound I-70 and the two right lanes of westbound I-70 at the Turner Diagonal will close until 8 a.m. Saturday.
• At 10 p.m., all westbound lanes of I-70 at Turner Diagonal will close until 2 a.m.
The repair costs are estimated to be $300,000.
Robert A. Cronkleton, email@example.com