It’s been nine months since Missouri high school football teams last took the field.
By SAM MCDOWELL
The Kansas City Star
So what’s another hour?
Several games on Friday’s Kansas City area opening-week schedule have been pushed back to an 8 p.m. starting time because of extreme heat in the forecast. Temperatures Friday are expected to reach near triple digits during the day.
Here is a list of changes to kickoff times, as reported to The Star:
• Blue Springs South at Truman, (played at William Chrisman), 8 p.m.
• Lee’s Summit West at Staley, 8 p.m.
• Liberty at Winnetonka, (played at North Kansas City), 8:05 p.m.
• Oak Grove at Lexington, 8 p.m.
• Polo at Van Horn, (played at Truman), 8 p.m.
• Richmond at O’Hara, 8 p.m.
• Ruskin at Liberty North, 8 p.m.
• St. Joseph Central at Blue Springs, 8 p.m.
| Sam McDowell, firstname.lastname@example.org