• 1. Oklahoma State: Not one, but two proven talents in J.W. Walsh and Clint Chelf.
By BLAIR KERKHOFF
The Kansas City Star
• 2. TCU: Casey Pachall returns, but playmaking Trevone Boykin served well last season.
• 3. Texas: David Ash needs to become more consistent.
• 4. Oklahoma: Blake Bell, “The Belldozer” is well-versed inside the 20. Outside?
• 5. Kansas State: Jake Waters or Daniel Sams? Either way, the Wildcats should be in good shape.
• 6. Baylor: Plenty of buzz about new starter Bryce Petty. Has good offense around him.
• 7. Texas Tech: High hopes for newcomer Michael Brewer, but back injury means missing opener is likely.
• 8. Iowa State: Sam Richardson had eight touchdown passes, one interception in three games as regular.
• 9. Kansas: Jake Heaps made 16 starts at Brigham Young.
• 10. West Virginia: Florida State transfer Clint Trickett could emerge from three candidates.
| Blair Kerkhoff, firstname.lastname@example.org