By BLAIR KERKHOFF
The Kansas City Star
• AJ McCarron, QB, Alabama: Bidding for his fourth national title ring.
• Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio State: The leader of a team favored to play for national title.
• Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville: Also an early favorite to be top pick in 2014 NFL Draft.
• Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina: Big hit in bowl game, and early big games could give Clowney momentum.
• Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M: If eligible, looks to become second two-time winner.
• Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia: Needs to improve numbers against top competition.
• BCS championship game: Alabama vs. Ohio State
• Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma State vs. Oregon
• Rose Bowl: Nebraska vs. Stanford
• Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs. Notre Dame
• Orange Bowl: Clemson vs. Louisville
• Southeastern: Alabama over Georgia
• Big 12: Oklahoma State
• Big Ten: Ohio State over Nebraska
• Pac-12: Stanford over UCLA
• ACC: Clemson over Miami, Fla.
• American: Louisville
• Mountain West: Fresno State over Boise State
• Conference USA: Marshall over Rice
• Mid-American: Northern Illinois over Ohio
• Sun Belt: Arkansas State
Major award winners
• Heisman/Maxwell/Camp (top player): Aaron Murray, Georgia
• Davey O’Brien (quarterback): Murray
• Doak Walker (running back): De’Anthony Thomas, Oregon
• Butkus (linebacker): C.J. Mosley, Alabama
• Nagurski/Bednarik (defensive player): Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
• Outland/Lombardi (lineman): Clowney
• Biletnikoff (wide receiver): Sammy Watkins, Clemson
• Jim Thorpe (defensive back): Jason Verrett, TCU
• Ted Hendricks (defensive end): Clowney
• Rimington (center): B.J. Finney, Kansas State
• John Mackey (tight end): Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
• Lou Groza (kicker): Chris Boswell, Rice
• Ray Guy (punter): Kirby Van Der Kamp, Iowa State
| Blair Kerkhoff, email@example.com