• 1. Texas A&M: Big asterisk here. Aggies fall to near bottom if Johnny Manziel is ineligible.
By BLAIR KERKHOFF
The Kansas City Star
• 2. Georgia: Aaron Murray looking to prove he can win the big game.
• 3. Alabama: AJ McCarron can go where no QB has gone, three straight titles.
• 4. South Carolina: Conner Shaw will start, and Steve Spurrier will find ways to get Dylan Thompson in game.
• 5. Mississippi: Bo Wallace passed for nearly 3,000 yards last season. Should be even better this year.
• 6. Florida: Jeff Driskel emerged from battle last year to turn in solid season.
• 7. Mississippi State: Tyler Russell, a fifth-year senior, set several school records in 2012.
• 8. Missouri: James Franklin, injured much of last year, looks to regain his sophomore form.
• 9. LSU: Zach Mettenberger, the Georgia transfer, gets a shot at the Bulldogs on Sept. 28.
• 10. Arkansas: Good things expected from homegrown talent Brandon Allen.
• 11. Auburn: Nick Marshall becomes seventh different starting quarterback in seven years at Auburn.
• 12. Vanderbilt: Wyoming transfer Austyn Carta-Samuels started once last season. Now hes the guy.
• 13. Tennessee: New coach Butch Jones didnt name a starter among three candidates well into fall camp.
• 14. Kentucky: Three vie for the job in Mark Stoops first season.
| Blair Kerkhoff, email@example.com