Careless smoking started the the Olathe house fire that left one woman dead Friday evening, authorities said Saturday.
The identify of the victim wont be released until her identity can be verified and a cause of death established.
The fire caused an estimated $100,000 in damage to the two-story house near 155th Street and Mur-Len Road.
Upon arrival, firefighters were met with light smoke in the house and flames coming out the back. They found the middle-age woman already dead in the living room.
No one else was home at the time of the fire.
| Mike Hendricks, email@example.com