About 4 percent of the drivers stopped at a checkpoint Wednesday failed to show a valid license or were driving with suspended or revoked licenses.
Kansas City police conducted the drivers license checkpoint from 6 to 11 p.m. Wednesday at 5005 N.E. Antioch Road in the Northland.
They stopped 1,579 vehicles and 67 of the drivers either failed to show a valid license or were driving while their licenses had been revoked or suspended.
According to the results released by police:
• 19 people were driving while their licenses had been suspended or revoked.
• 38 people failed to show a drivers license.
• 10 people failed to show a valid drivers license.
• 6 people failed to have proof of insurance.
• 3 people were arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
• 2 hazardous moving violations were issued.
• 2 seat belt violations were issued.
• 5 citations were issued for other traffic violations.
• 2 people resisted arrest.
• 1 person was arrested on state warrants.
• 8 people were arrested on Kansas City warrants.
Robert A. Cronkleton, email@example.com