For the next couple of days in Kansas City expect sunshine and summer temperatures to bleeding into spring. Five days of rain will follow so now is the time to get out and enjoy.
By Lewis W. Diuguid
The Kansas City Star
To relieve the sweat or to escape being bored and home bound under air conditioning, residents can go to one of Kansas Citys spraygrounds. They are great places for parents to dissolve hours with children who are out of school and bored.
Adults may not have the nerve to get in the water, but it is fun to sit on a comfortable park bench in shade and watch children enjoy themselves. Be sure to take towels and sunscreen lotion.
Watching children play in the water is guaranteed to make people of all ages smile whether they are parents or not. The spraygrounds include:
• Douglass Square Park: 2632 Jarboe St.
• Harmony Park: 10th Street and Agnes Ave.
• Longview: 7101 Longview Road.
• Loose Park: 52nd Terrace and Summit Street.
• Parade Park: The Paseo and Truman Road.
• Sunnyside: 8255 Summit St.
• Blue ValleyPark, 1801 White Ave.
• Central Park, Linwood Boulevard and Bales Avenue.
• Crews Square, East 27th Street and Michigan Avenue.
• Garrison Square, Fourth Street and Forest Avenue.
• Golden Oaks, 46th Street and North Antioch Road.
• Lykins Square, East Eighth Street and Myrtle Avenue.
To reach Lewis W. Diuguid, call 816-234-4723 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.