Breaking News

One seriously hurt in Leawood fire

Updated: 2013-05-23T02:18:45Z

One person was taken by ambulance to a hospital with serious but non life-threatening injuries from a fire in a house in Leawood late Wednesday afternoon.

The fire at 12909 Catalina St. was reported shortly after 5 p.m. Leawood Battalion Chief Jarrett Hawley said painters were working in an upstairs bathroom when something caused vapors to ignite, burning one of the workers.

No one else was home at the time. A damage estimate was not available.

| Matt Campbell, mcampbell@kcstar.com

Deal Saver Subscribe today!

Comments

Commenting disabled for this story.