Breaking News

Fire causes $200,000 damage to house in KCK

Updated: 2013-05-14T01:18:52Z

A house fire in Kansas City, Kan., that was first reported on Sunday apparently flared up again early Monday, causing an estimated $200,000 loss to property and contents.

The original fire at 5311 Hagemann St. started in an electrical vent fan in a bathroom of the one-story, wood-framed house, according to the fire department. Crews were called back to the same address shortly before 4 a.m. Monday and found heavy flames coming from the roof, which collapsed while firefighters were battling the blaze.

There were no injuries.

| Matt Campbell, mcampbell@kcstar.com

Deal Saver Subscribe today!

Comments

Commenting disabled for this story.