The top five stories on our radar:
By DAVE HELLING and STEVE KRASKE
1. Senate sales tax vote. The Senate votes Monday on a bill that would require Internet merchants to collect sales taxes. The issue doesn’t fall along regular party lines, so we’ll have who-decided-what on Monday.
2. Curfew in KC? The annual wrestling match over restrictions on rambunctious kids in Kansas City is expected to continue. Big issue: How to target party-going teens without an apparent racial bias.
3. Kansas legislature goes back into session on Wednesday. Speaking of sales tax — Kansas has to figure out whether to keep all of its current levy, or kick back 6/10ths of a cent to, you know, voters.
4. Missouri General Assembly continues its push on Kansas-style tax cuts. But what we don’t know is what kind of bill Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon can accept. That is, literally, a multi-million-dollar question.
5. Sanford v. Colbert Busch. The South Carolina special House election is a dead heat.