Tight end Travis Kelce
• School: Cincinnati
• Height: 6-4 7/8
• Weight: 255
• 2012 stats: 12 starts, 45 receptions, 722 yards, eight TDs
• Honors: All-Big East, 2012
• Red flags: Suspended for 2010 season after testing positive for marijuana on the eve of the Sugar Bowl. Did not perform at the Scouting Combine because of surgery for sports hernia performed Jan. 20.
• Connections: His brother Jason is starting center for coach Andy Reid’s former team, the Philadelphia Eagles.
• Where he fits in: The selection of Kelce and the signing of Anthony Fasano could signal trouble for the oft-injured Tony Moeaki, who was drafted by the previous administration and missed last week’s minicamp while recovering from another procedure on his knee. In today’s NFL, teams utilize multiple tight ends, so there might be room for all of them, but Kelce provides insurance in case Moeaki continues to be hounded by injuries.
Running back Knile Davis
• School: Arkansas
• Height: 5-11 3/8
• Weight: 227
• 2012 stats: 10 games, 112 carries, 377 yards, 2 TDs
• 2011: Medical redshirt, broken left ankle
• 2010: 13 games, 204 carries, 1,322 yards, 13 TDs
• Red flags: Injury and fumble prone. He suffered a fractured collarbone in high school and in the spring of his sophomore season. He took a medical redshirt in 2011 after fracturing his left ankle in a preseason scrimmage. Pulled a hamstring and missed two games in 2012. He fumbled 13 times in his career, including eight in 2012 in 381 career touches.
• Strengths: He’s a physical specimen. Davis sparkled at the Combine with sub 4.4 times and led all running backs with 31 bench-press reps. When healthy, he can run through arm tackles and break away from the pack.
• Where he fits in: If he stays healthy and regains his form of 2010, Davis could provide relief for starter Jamaal Charles.
| Randy Covitz, firstname.lastname@example.org