Heres a way to create a chic, summer hairstyle from Rusty Phillips, owner of Belle Epoque Salon.
By CARLA CORBAN KATH
Special to The Star
The focus on big curls is reminiscent of 40s glam, giving you a retro style similar to the one Jessica Chastain sported at the Academy Awards.
How to style it
1. Curl all hair with a curling wand and clip or pin all curls close to the scalp until they cool.
2. Line up all the curls in horizontal rows curled in the same direction. Each curl should include approximately the same amount of strands.
3. Use a brush made of boar bristles to smoothly sweep out curls.
4. Apply texturizing paste to soften curls and create an effortless look.
5. For a faux bob, simply gather all curls into a soft, low pony tail at the nape of the neck, tuck hair under and pin. Keep the bob at shoulder level, and keep a bit of wave intact for a nostalgic nod to the past.