A number of Kansas City area students have been recognized in the 2013 Missouri Scholars 100 program, sponsored by the Missouri Association of Secondary School Principals.
Schools across Missouri were invited to nominate candidates to be recognized among the 100 best.
The selection was made based on grade point average and college admission scores, but to qualify, students had to meet a number of other criteria, including enrollment in core upper level courses, citizenship, attendance and school activities.
The students will be recognized on April 28. The honorees from local high schools:
• Adrian: Austin Pitts
• Blue Springs: Jonathan Becker, Slava Butkovich
• Blue Springs South: Maria Gentry, Brent Henderson
• Lathrop: Brandon Maddick.
• Lee’s Summit: Alexis Lowe, Wes Orth.
• Lee’s Summit North: Alex McCarty
• Lee’s Summit West: Brittany James
• Liberty: Christopher Vlanis, Yuxuan Xiao
• Liberty North: Grace Brown
• North Kansas City: Kala Chinnaswamy, Forrest Walker
• Notre Dame de Sion: Grace Keane
• Oak Park: Maryssa Loehr
• Park Hill: Daniel Chen, Caroline Tran
• Park Hill South: Josh Hunt, Thomas Smith
• Pembroke Hill: Sarah Koch
• Raytown: Victoria Lund
• Smithville: Anthony Kawecki
• St. Teresa’s: Katherine Sanders
• Staley: Ryan Link, Haley Loftis
• Warrensburg: Jason Tian
| Elaine Adams, firstname.lastname@example.org