Terry Beebe may not be the incumbent candidate for the Ward 1 seat on the Grain Valley Board of Aldermen, but she wouldn't be new to the job if elected.
By KATHLEEN POINTER
Special to The Star
She served six years on the board before leaving last year. On Tuesday, she faces incumbent Scott Shafer, whom she beat in 2010 for a Ward 1 seat.
Shafer did not respond to The Star’s requests for information. Beebe said her top three priorities are economic development, working with local businesses and curbing government spending.
Dale Arnold is the other alderman in Ward 1, which covers the southernmost portion of the city.
• Age: 58
• Address: 713 Shorthorn Drive
• Occupation: Independent real estate broker
• Education: Graduated from Grain Valley High School
• Public experience: Grain Valley alderman, 2006-2012; Grain Valley Traffic Commission
• Stances: The biggest challenge facing Grain Valley is the interstate improvement construction as it's leaving businesses with little traffic for retail. She said she would keep the city informed on the project. She wants to see more continuity among the city, business community and the public.
• Shafer did not respond to inquiries from The Star.