• WHEN/WHERE: 9 p.m. Friday at the Sprint Center
• TV/RADIO: KMCI (Ch. 38); WHB (810 AM)
• ABOUT OKLAHOMA STATE (24-7): The Cowboys ended the Wildcats hopes of winning an outright Big 12 championship on the final day of the regular season Saturday in Stillwater. Now they get the chance to end the Wildcats hopes of winning a Big 12 Tournament championship. Marcus Smart and LeBryan Nash dominated the game in Stillwater. Nash led all scorers inside, while Smart provided suffocating defense. Smart was chosen Big 12 player of the year by both the coaches and the AP.
• ABOUT KANSAS STATE (26-6): Rodney McGruder led K-State to a relatively easy victory over Texas in the quarterfinals of the Big 12 Tournament. He scored a game-high 24 points, making 10 of 20 shots from the field. Angel Rodriguez also gave the Wildcats a lift by scoring 13. The surprise of the game came from freshman forward D.J. Johnson, who scored eight points and grabbed seven rebounds. The Wildcats will be hoping for a more balanced attack on Friday. K-State shared the regular season Big 12 championship with Kansas and is now hoping to win a Big 12 Tournament championship. It last played in the semifinals in 2010, beating Baylor to reach the championship game.
• RPI: Kansas State 20, Oklahoma State 23
• BOTTOM LINE: The Wildcats had a chance to seal an outright Big 12 title in Stillwater. After a strong second half against Texas on Thursday, they should be motivated to pay back the Cowboys and have a chance at the tournament crown.
| Kellis Robinett, email@example.com