• WHEN/WHERE: 2 p.m. Thursday at the Sprint Center
• TV/RADIO: ESPN2; KCSP (610 AM)
• ABOUT TEXAS TECH (11-19): It was just 10 days ago that Texas Tech was thrown to the lions in a 79-42 loss at Allen Fieldhouse. It was Kansas’ senior night, and the Jayhawks pretty much did whatever they wanted. … The Red Raiders had better success in Lubbock, holding KU to just five field goals in the first half in a 60-46 loss Jan. 12. … Texas Tech is coming off one of its most complete games on Wednesday, a 71-69 victory over West Virginia. Leading scorer Jaye Crockett, who comes off the bench, finished with 18 points, and freshman Ty Nurse started and had 12 points. … Red Raiders interim coach Chris Walker is finishing up his one-season audition after taking over for Billy Gillispie. Walker will likely be a top candidate for the full-time job.
ABOUT KANSAS (26-5): Don’t adjust your television screens if Kansas’ jerseys look a little … off. The Jayhawks are planning to wear alternate “camo” jerseys by Adidas at some point during the Big 12 Tournament, and they could break them out against Texas Tech. … Of course, this matchup will be more about how the Jayhawks respond after last Saturday’s clunker at Baylor. KU lacked a little bit of focus on defense, allowing Baylor to shoot 57.7 percent from the field. … The Jayhawks would play the winner of No. 4 seed Oklahoma and No. 5 Iowa State on Friday, so KU can’t afford to start slow this week. … KU is playing for its sixth Big 12 tournament title under Bill Self — and its first since 2011.
• RPI: Kansas 8, Texas Tech 230
• BOTTOM LINE: Since the inception of the Big 12, Kansas is 14-2 in the Big 12 quarterfinals. The Jayhawks should make it 15-2.
| Rustin Dodd, firstname.lastname@example.org