Missouri’s Phil Pressey was chosen first-team all-Southeastern Conference by the league’s coaches on Tuesday.
The Kansas City Star
Pressey, a junior guard, was joined on the all-SEC team by teammate Laurence Bowers, a senior forward who made the second team. Pressey was also chosen first-team all-SEC by The Star.
Alabama’s Trevor Releford, a Kansas City native who played at Bishop Miege, also made the eight-member all-SEC first team and was chosen to the all-defensive team. Kentucky’s Willie Cauley-Stein, who played at Olathe Northwest, was chosen to the all-freshman team.
Coaches were not permitted to vote for their own players and ties were not broken.
Florida’s Billy Donovan and Georgia’s Kentavious Caldwell-Pope were chosen SEC coach and player of the year by the coaches. They also won the same awards from The Star.
• COACH OF THE YEAR: Billy Donovan, Florida
• PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Georgia
• SCHOLAR-ATHLETE OF THE YEAR: Patric Young, Florida
• FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR: Nerlens Noel, Kentucky
• SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR: Kyle Wiltjer, Kentucky
• DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Nerlens Noel, Kentucky
|Johnny O’Bryant III||LSU||F||6-9||256||So.|
|Elston Turner||Texas A&M||G||6-5||209||Sr.|
• ALL-FRESHMAN TEAM: Michael Frazier II, Florida; Charles Mann, Georgia; Willie Cauley-Stein, Kentucky; Archie Goodwin, Kentucky; Nerlens Noel, Kentucky; Alex Poythress, Kentucky; Craig Sword, Mississippi State; Gavin Ware, Mississippi State; Michael Carrera, South Carolina.
• ALL-DEFENSIVE TEAM: Trevor Releford, Alabama; Scottie Wilbekin, Florida; Patric Young, Florida; Nerlens Noel, Kentucky; Anthony Hickey, LSU; Reginald Buckner, Mississippi.