• Key play: Tennessee appeared primed to take a 29-27 lead into the break, but a late putback by MU’s Tony Criswell tied the score at 29.
• Key stat: Tennessee set the tone on the boards early, outrebounding Missouri 22-16.
• Key play: With MU trailing by three with 12.6 seconds left, junior guard Phil Pressey missed the game-tying three-pointer, forcing MU to foul. The Vols made two free throws and clinched the win.
• Key stat: Missouri outshot Tennessee from the field. The Tigers shot 24 for 58 (41.4 percent) while Tennessee was 22 for 60 (36.7 percent).
Redshirt freshman guard Quinton Chievous, the son of Missouri’s career leading scorer, Derrick Chievous, finished with seven points and five rebounds in 14 minutes off the bench for Tennessee.
“It was just another game for me,” Chievous said.
Chievous said his father told him to go out there and play hard, but was insistent that he didn’t take any additional pleasure in beating his dad’s old team.
“They are a great team and it is really going to help us push to make a run in the SEC tournament,” Chievous said.
• With the win, Tennessee has won eight of its last nine games.
• With the loss, Missouri finished the regular season 2-8 on the road.
| Terez A. Paylor, firstname.lastname@example.org