Missouri at Tennessee
• WHEN/WHERE: 3 p.m. Saturday at Thompson-Boling Arena in Knoxville, Tenn.
• TV/RADIO: ESPN; KMBZ (980 AM, 98.1 FM)
• ABOUT MISSOURI (22-8, 11-6 SEC): The Tigers are coming off a convincing 93-63 win over Arkansas on Senior Night in Columbia. Missouri again received strong efforts from senior big men Laurence Bowers (24 points, 11 rebounds) and Alex Oriakhi (10 points, eight rebounds). Sophomore Jabari Brown also poured in 23 points. … The Tigers have won three games in a row, including four of their last five games. … Missouri leads the SEC in scoring during conference games with 77.1 points per game and is averaging 83.1 points in its last eight games.
• ABOUT TENNESSEE (18-11, 10-7 SEC): The Volunteers bounced back from a loss at Georgia on Saturday with a 82-75 win at Auburn. … Tennessee has won seven of its last eight games. … The Vols feature redshirt freshman guard Quinton Chievous, the son of Derrick Chievous, the Tigers’ career leading scorer. Quinton is averaging 1.8 points and 2.1 rebounds in 9.6 minutes per game.
• BOTTOM LINE: Tennessee could really use a win to pump up its NCAA Tournament resume, while Missouri can clinch a double bye in next week’s SEC Tournament with a win. A win against a surging Vols team would count as the Tigers’ best road victory of the season.
| Terez A. Paylor, email@example.com