TCU at No. 9 Kansas State
• WHEN/WHERE: 7 p.m. Tuesday at Bramlage Coliseum in Manhattan, Kan.
• TV/RADIO: KMCI (Ch. 38); WHB (810 AM)
• ABOUT TCU (10-19, 1-15 Big 12): It’s been a long season for the Horned Frogs. They only have one victory in the Big 12, though it came against Kansas. Coach Trent Johnson has struggled to keep his team competitive in games, and TCU was swept by struggling Texas Tech. With a strong recruiting class, featuring highly rated center Karviar Shepherd, coming in, Johnson’s emphasis is on the future. … Kyan Anderson leads the team in scoring. … TCU tries to slow games down by limiting possessions and hasn’t scored more than 63 points in a conference game.
• ABOUT KANSAS STATE (24-5, 13-3 Big 12): The Wildcats have won five straight and nine of their last 10. With two more victories, they can clinch at least a share of the Big 12 championship. A victory over TCU will turn the season-finale at Oklahoma State into a conference championship game of sorts. … Angel Rodriguez has dished out at least six assists in six straight games. He has scored 10 or more points in eight straight games. … Jordan Henriquez is coming off an eight-point, nine-rebound effort against Baylor. This will be his final game at Bramlage Coliseum along with Irving and McGruder.
• BOTTOM LINE: Once this game is out of the way, K-State can focus on the real prize — its first men’s basketball conference championship since 1977.
| Kellis Robinett, firstname.lastname@example.org