Here are the post-combine top 10 players the Chiefs should consider drafting with the No. 1 overall pick:
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
1. Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M. Hes the best player available in this draft. And it doesnt appear to be close.
2. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia. Hes far from polished and wont be an immediate NFL starter, but he looks to be the best quarterback available in the draft.
3. Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan. He might not be on Joeckels level but hell have a good career.
4. Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia. There are questions about a narrowing of his spine but he looks to be the best available defensive player.
5. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama. The best available cornerback makes sense for a team with a huge need.
6. Chance Warmack, G, Alabama. Some teams will eventually regret passing up Warmack, even though he plays a position of lesser impact.
7. Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina. The same holds for Cooper.
8. Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee. Alex Smith will need someone fast to throw to.
9. Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida. Hes probably the top defensive line prospect now.
10. Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah. A medical issue likely will push him from consideration.