Breaking News

Fire causes $150,000 to KCK home

Updated: 2013-02-24T15:12:45Z

An overnight blaze caused an estimated $150,000 in damage to a Kansas City, Kan., home, but three adults and two children got out safe.

The fire is thought to have broke in a kitchen area in the house at 3630 N. 63rd St. shortly before 10 p.m. Saturday, fire department officials said.

Fire crews initially attacked the blaze from the inside of the two-story structure but were forced to back out amid concerns that the roof might collapse.

There were no injuries to firefighters or residents.

| Rick Montgomery, rmontgomery@kcstar.com

Deal Saver Subscribe today!

Comments

The Kansas City Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

The Kansas City Star uses Facebook's commenting system. You need to log in with a Facebook account in order to comment. If you have questions about commenting with your Facebook account, click here