• Key play: Thomas Gipson scored seven straight points and gave K-State an 18-4 lead.
• Key stat: K-State made seven of eight free throws.
• Key play: Will Spradling made four free throws when West Virginias Eron Harris picked up a foul and a technical foul on the same play.
• Key stat: K-State made 12 of 15 free throws.
Welcome back, Nino
Forward Nino Williams hasnt contributed much since the beginning of conference play, but he was at the top of his game against the Mountaineers. He came off the bench and had 15 points and five rebounds in 23 minutes.
Williams picked a good time to step up. He shares the teams hybrid forward position with Shane Southwell, who scored only three points.
• Rodney McGruder became the first K-State player to eclipse 1,400 points, 600 rebounds, 150 assists and 100 steals in his career.
• Angel Rodriguez had his sloppiest game in a while, committing six turnovers. But he made up for it by dishing out seven assists and scoring 11 points.
• K-State fans might want to start making plans to watch Saturdays game at Texas. It will be televised by only the Longhorn Network, which isnt available on most national satellite and cable TV providers.
| Kellis Robinett, firstname.lastname@example.org