No. 5 Florida at Missouri
• WHEN/WHERE: 8 p.m. Tuesday at Mizzou Arena in Columbia
• TV/RADIO: ESPN; KMBZ (980 AM, 98.1 FM)
• ABOUT MISSOURI (18-7, 7-5 SEC): MU is coming off a brutal 73-71 road loss at Arkansas that saw the Tigers blow a four-point lead with 34 seconds left in the game. … Foul trouble certainly didn’t help Missouri, which had five of its top six players finish with four fouls or more. … The Tigers are 14-0 at home this season, one of only two teams in the Southeastern Conference to be undefeated at home. … Missouri is the only high-major team in college hoops with six players averaging in double figures in scoring.
• ABOUT FLORIDA (21-3, 11-1 SEC): The Gators have won their last three games and 13 of their last 14 games. … Florida trampled Missouri 83-52 in Gainesville earlier this season. … The Gators have held 18 teams to under 60 points. … Florida ranks third in the country in scoring defense and has shot 50 percent or better from the field in 10 of its last 14 games.
• BOTTOM LINE: There aren’t many teams that are equipped to beat Missouri at home, where the Tigers often play with unmatched energy. However, Florida, which starts three seniors and two juniors, has the experience to do it. Expect Missouri to play much better than it did the first time these two teams met, with a victory a possibility — provided point guard Phil Pressey takes care of the ball, senior forward Alex Oriakhi stays out of foul trouble and senior forward Laurence Bowers starts reverting back to his pre-injury form.
| Terez A. Paylor, firstname.lastname@example.org