Zona Rosa will kick off the spring shopping season with several new tenants.
By JOYCE SMITH
The Kansas City Star
• Mike Howell plans to open Juicys Burgers and Spirits in March. Vegetables will be locally grown, breads and burger buns will be baked fresh daily, and the sauces - including ketchup and mustard - will be made from scratch. It also will have signature shakes.
A happy hour menu will be available in the lounge, which also will offer live entertainment several nights a week.
Juicys Burgers and Spirits will be at 8680 N.W. Prairie View Road.
• Swagat Fine Indian Cuisine restaurant will open a spice market next to its restaurant at 7407 N.W. 87th St. Along with spices, the market will include Indian cooking supplies, clothing, and sari wraps.
• Yankee Candle plans an early summer opening at 8747 N.W. Prairie View Road, next to Yogurtini. The stores sell scented candles and gifts.
• Gymboree Play & Music, an early childhood development center focusing on creative play for children up to age five, is scheduled to open in March at 7360 N.W. 87th Terrace in the Dillards District
• Century 21 also plans to open an office this spring at 8620 N.W. Prairie View Road, next to Stone Canyon Pizza.
Previously announced boutiques also are close to opening.
Altard State could open as early as this weekend at 7420 N.W. 87th St. Hot Mama has scheduled a late March opening at 8670 N. Dixson Ave. Torrid also is set to open in March at 8630 N. Dixson.
Zona Rosa is at the northwest corner of Interstate 29 and Barry Road in the Northland.
To reach Joyce Smith, call 816-234-4692 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Facebook and Twitter at JoyceKC.