Breaking News

Two-alarm fire displaces eight apartment residents in Mission

Updated: 2013-02-02T03:44:51Z

Firefighters battled a two-alarm blaze tonight at the Wellington Club apartments in Mission.

The fire, reported about 8 p.m., began in the fireplace flue of a first-floor unit at 4906 Broadmoor St. and burned into attic of the two-story building. Three units were affected.

No one was hurt, but the Red Cross was helping six adults and two children who were displaced. The second alarm was called as a precaution.

| Matt Campbell,

Deal Saver Subscribe today!


The Kansas City Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

The Kansas City Star uses Facebook's commenting system. You need to log in with a Facebook account in order to comment. If you have questions about commenting with your Facebook account, click here