Breaking News

Fire injures one person in Independence

Updated: 2013-02-01T20:17:50Z

One person was injured in Independence this afternoon in a fire that reportedly started in a backyard shed.

The fire at a residence in the 11000 block of East 23rd Street was reported about 1 p.m. Traffic along 23rd Street has been shut down as fire crews work to put out the blaze. Flames and thick smoke were visible when crews arrived.

A propane tank may have ignited the fire, but no details were immediately available.

The victim’s condition and initial damage estimates were not released.

| Glenn E. Rice, grice@kcstar.com

Deal Saver Subscribe today!

Comments

The Kansas City Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

The Kansas City Star uses Facebook's commenting system. You need to log in with a Facebook account in order to comment. If you have questions about commenting with your Facebook account, click here