Following last week’s Senior Bowl, we’ve decided to spend this week’s edition of The Star’s NFL Draft top 10 on quarterbacks. Arkansas’ Tyler Wilson, North Carolina State’s Mike Glennon, Syracuse’s Ryan Nassib, Miami of Ohio’s Zac Dysert, Oklahoma’s Landry Jones and Florida State’s EJ Manuel participated. While the Chiefs likely won’t take any quarterback with the first pick, keep in mind that with the scouting combine, school and personal workouts and interviews, there’s still time for these prospects and others to climb the board.
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
• 1. Wilson. He completed eight of 11 passes in the game but for just 40 yards.
• 2. Geno Smith, West Virginia. Opted not to play in the Senior Bowl but can make up ground over the next three months.
• 3. Glennon. Completed eight of 16 passes and had the game’s longest completion of 22 yards.
• 4. Matt Barkley, USC. Didn’t play in the Senior Bowl because of a sprained throwing shoulder.
• 5. Nassib. Was just four of 10 with an interception.
• 6. Tyler Bray, Tennessee. Came out for draft as a junior, so he was ineligible to play in the Senior Bowl.
• 7. Dysert. Was 10 of 16 with a touchdown and an interception.
• 8. Jones. Was just three of nine and was sacked twice.
• 9. Matt Scott, Arizona. Just a one-year starter, but a dual-threat quarterback who can run as well as throw.
• 10. Manuel. Was seven for 10 with a touchdown. He also rushed for a touchdown.
To reach Adam Teicher, call 816-234-4875 or send email to email@example.com. Follow him at twitter.com/adamteicher.