No. 17 Missouri at No. 10 Florida
• WHEN/WHERE: 1 p.m. Saturday at the Stephen OConnell Center in Gainesville, Fla.
• TV/RADIO: ESPN; KMBZ (980 AM, 98.1 FM)
• ABOUT MISSOURI (13-3, 2-1 SEC): After a 15-point road loss to Mississippi, the Tigers got back on the winning track by beating a lowly Georgia team 79-62 at Mizzou Arena. Scoring was the problem against Mississippi the Tigers scored a season-low in points but had five players finish in double figures against the Bulldogs, and that was without leading scorer Laurence Bowers, a fifth-year senior forward who continues to sit out because of a right knee sprain.
• ABOUT FLORIDA (13-2, 3-0 SEC): The Gators have won five games in a row since a loss to Kansas State in December at the Sprint Center. Florida boasts plenty of scoring threats four starters average in double figures but the Gators also play good defense, as they have held eight opponents under 50 points and 11 opponents under 60.
• BOTTOM LINE: The Gators boast athleticism and experience, and also have home-court advantage. That means Missouri will need to play its best game of the season to win. With Bowers expected to miss this game, senior forward Alex Oriakhi will need to be a force down low, while forwards Tony Criswell and Stefan Jankovic and guards Earnest Ross and Jabari Brown must make enough jumpers to keep the Gators honest. A few extra minutes of rest could serve Pressey well down the stretch, but it wont be close if the Tigers simply dont make shots.
| Terez A. Paylor, email@example.com