• Key play: A layup by Keion Bell made the score 21-16 with 4 minutes left in the half, but the Rebels’ Aaron Jones followed with a slam that sent the crowd into a frenzy and helped Mississippi seize the momentum again.
• Key stat: Missouri went one for eight on three-pointers.
• Key play: Missouri pulled within 36-28 with a layup by Ryan Rosburg, but Ole Miss began a 15-5 run when junior guard Marshall Henderson scored five consecutive points.
• Key stat: The Rebels shot 16 free throws in the second half to only four for MU.
Junior forward Tony Criswell returned after missing the previous three games because of a broken middle finger on his left hand. Criswell, who wore a cast on the hand, finished with six points and two rebounds in 14 minutes.
“It was good enough to play, so no excuses,” Criswell said. “It was good to be back out there.”
• Turns out Saturday’s sellout crowd at Tad Smith Coliseum isn’t the most common of occurrences, if you believe Rebels senior forward Murphy Holloway.
“The freshmen they were like ‘Is it like this every SEC game?’ ” Holloyway said with a laugh. “I’m like ‘Nah, be thankful for tonight.’ ”
| Terez A. Paylor, email@example.com