• Key play: Peyton Manning passed 29 yards to Brandon Stokley on Denver’s first play, getting the Broncos started on a touchdown drive.
• Key stat: Manning was four of five passing for 59 yards on that opening drive.
Key play: Manning’s 16-yard scoring pass to Eric Decker with 10 seconds left put the Broncos ahead 21-3.
Key stat: The Chiefs were outgained in the half 277 yards to 89.
• Key play: Manning removed any remaining doubt about the game’s outcome with his 13-yard touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomas.
• Key stat: The Chiefs gained 10 yards in the third quarter.
• Key play: Denver’s Matt Prater kicked a 42-yard field goal for the only points in the period.
• Key stat: The Broncos had the ball for almost 12 minutes in the period.
• Player of the game: Dustin Colquitt. He made three punts inside the Denver 20 with no touchbacks.
• Reason to hope: The Chiefs are now free to get moving on their offseason plans.
• Reason to mope: Do you have faith in the Chiefs to make the right choices to fix what ails them?
• Looking ahead: The offseason should be a busy one.
| Adam Teicher, email@example.com