Texas Southern at Kansas State
• WHEN/WHERE: 7 p.m. Tuesday at Bramlage Coliseum in Manhattan, Kan.
• TV/RADIO: Fox Sports KC; WHB (810 AM)
• ABOUT TEXAS SOUTHERN (1-9): Texas Southern has played a daunting schedule that has included seven road games. The Tigers only win came at home against Louisiana-Lafayette, but they have played other teams close on the road. Texas Southern has lost seven in a row. Kyrie Sutton and Fred Sturdivant make up one of the better frontcourts K-State has seen from smaller-conference opponents. Omar Strong leads the Tigers with 15.5 points per game.
• ABOUT KANSAS STATE (7-2): K-State is coming off its second loss, a 68-52 defeat against Gonzaga. The Bulldogs outplayed the Wildcats in the second half and won easily after going into halftime with a one-point lead. Rodney McGruder and Thomas Gipson were non-factors, and Bruce Weber wants both starters back on track before taking on Florida on Saturday at the Sprint Center. Nino Williams may still be ailing from an injury to his right shoulder.
• BOTTOM LINE: As long as K-State players learn something new about Bruce Weber's offense against Texas Southern, the game will be a success.
| Kellis Robinett, email@example.com