South Carolina State at No. 12 Missouri
|P||No.||S. Carolina St.||Ht.||Yr.||PPG|
• WHEN/WHERE: 7 tonight at Mizzou Arena in Columbia
• TV/RADIO: Metro Sports; KMBZ (980 AM, 98.1 FM )
• ABOUT MISSOURI (8-1 overall, 0-0 in SEC): Missouri has won four games since an 84-61 loss to Louisville in November, the latest being a convincing 68-38 win over Tennessee State on Dec. 8. That game was more than a week ago, so the Tigers should be well-rested tonight.
• ABOUT SOUTH CAROLINA STATE (4-6overall, 0-1 in MEAC): The Bulldogs, losers of their last three games and five of their last six, are clearly struggling. Junior big man Matthew Hezekiah has been a consistent low-post threat, while guards Khalif Toombs and Adama Adams have flashed some scoring ability.
• BOTTOM LINE: About the only thing that should scare Missouri about this matchup is the fact South Carolina State is from the same conference Mid-Eastern Athletic as Norfolk State, which beat the second-seeded Tigers in last years NCAA Tournament. Aside from that, this looks like a likely win. Despite facing only one high-Division I team this year the Bulldogs lost to Maryland 61-46 on Dec. 8 they have been outrebounded 366-346, a bad omen against a Missouri team constructed to pound the boards and protect the rim.
| Terez A. Paylor, email@example.com