• Key play: After a key offensive rebound in the waning seconds of the half, Chane Behanan made a layup and increased Louisville’s halftime lead to 39-31.
• Key stat: Missouri hit six of 11 free throws, a precursor of things to come as the Tigers finished 10 of 19.
• Key play: Louisville forward Chane Behanan made a basket and was fouled, but the Cardinals rebounded his miss and followed with a three-pointer that capped an impressive 11-0 run in taking a commanding 50-35 lead.
• Key stat: Louisville won the turnover battle 23-10.
Missouri noticeably struggle to take care of the ball against the Cardinals, particularly when point guard Phil Pressey came out of the game. Haith indicated that the Tigers missed suspended guard Michael Dixon Jr. and guard Jabari Brown, who won’t be eligible until December.
“We don’t have enough without Mike and Jabari, ball-handling wise,” Haith said.
• Missouri shot 46 percent from the field against the Cardinals, so Haith was fairly pleased with the way they fared against Louisville’s half-court zone defense. The Cardinals, however, racked up 12 steals and forced 23 turnovers.
“Against the zone, we got shots,” Haith said. “It wasn’t the zone; it was the turnovers.”
| Terez A. Paylor, email@example.com